VPSnet Specific Configuration
Setup Server Group(s)
See Hosting Configuration page
Setup the VPSnet Server(s)
Go to Server Setup and click Add New. Enter information asked for in the New Server Wizard. When you have completed adding all VPSnet servers, go back to the server groups page and assign the correct default server. (Save the groups even if they show the correct default server)
Below are some details for your assistance:
- Server Name: Enter a server name for your reference in AWBS. Do not use spaces.
- Server Group: Assign the server to the correct server group.
- Server Type: VPSnet
- Server IP: IP is not required with VPS.net
- Server URL: Not required
- Server CP: Not required
- Server Cost: Enter your cost for this server. Used for reports only.
- Default NS1: not used
- Default NS2: not used
- Server User: Enter the VPSnet username here. (Usually the e-mail address of your VPS.net account)
- Server API Password: Enter your VPSnet API Password here.
- Update hosting list IP(s): Check if you are changing an existing VPSnet server's IP address. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Update hosting list Servers: Check if you are changing the server's servername. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Delete Record: Only check this box if you are deleting this server. Caution: DO NOT delete a server that has plans and user packages assigned!
Hint: Once you have added and saved the server setup, you can click to view/edit it again and test the connection by using the [Query server for Package names by clicking here] link. It would be a good idea to print the popup window as it contains packnames, ostemplate name, and syncservers which you will need later for setting up your VPSnet Packages.
Configure your Hosting Package Types
- Configure types for hosting packages. Each type will display a web page for ordering. Use additional types to create multiple hosting order pages. Most people use the types to group their various hosting plan types, i.e. linux hosting type 1, windows hosting type 2.
- User Group: Should be Default unless you want this page only viewable by a different user group. (not the public)
- Server Group: Select the correct server group.
- Description: Enter what you want displayed as the title on the web page with this type of hosting
- Details1 Name - Details6 Name: Enter display text for the various specs for the plan type. This set of specs willl be used for all hosting plans in this type.
Hint: Once you have added and saved a Hosting Package Type, you can click to view/edit it again and see the correct link to use on your menu for this web page.
Configure your Hosting Plans
- Visible: Check if you want this plan to display on the web page.
- Default Plan: Check if this is the default plan for the type. Each type needs to have one default plan.
- Default Term: Enter the default term you want to display when your customers order. If you have other terms, they will get a selection to change it. Make sure the default term is a configured and available term for the plan.
- Upgrade Group: Set the upgrade group. All plans in this group number will show up as selections when the customer chooses to upgrade their plan. All plans in the same group should be in the same server group for the auto upgrade/downgrade to function properly.
- Package Name: Name the plan as you desire. Do not use any spaces.
- Package Type: Select the correct package type for this plan.
- Server Package: not used
- Package Desc: Enter the plan description as you wish it to appear on the web page for ordering.
- Reset BW on all existing user hosting: Check if you want to reset all bandwidth stats stored in AWBS database for all existing active accounts on this plan.
- Reseller Plan: not used
- Pricing: Enter prices for all terms you want to offer. Leave the fields blank if you don't want to offer them. Enter 0.00 if you want to offer them for free.
- Check the Free Domain checkbox if you want to offer a free domain name with this plan/term. (Select available tlds for free domains in the system setup, TLD Setup/Pricing page by checking the Free Option checkbox beside the tld)
- Assign the correct Activation Email Template. Be sure to either add a new email template or edit the existing Hosting Activation email template as desired to give your customers all necessary information they need when their account is activated.
- Complete the Package Display Text section with the plan's specs.
Configuring Hosting Package Specifics
Dynamic Cloud Location using Custom Fields
If you would like you users to be able to see the Clouds that are available and choose which one they would like to be setup on, you need to create a custom field for this.
In your AWBS Configuration goto: 'Misc/Advanced Config' then select 'Custom Fields'.
- You will need to add a record. In the name field specify something for your own use, such as 'Cloud ID'.
- Set the Type as PullDown
- Set as Active
- Text Display should be something like: 'Cloud Location'
- The Default Value field needs to have a command entered which points the custom field to a script. For this we want to use the getclouds.php script located in the /includes/vpsnet folder, so we would enter: loadfile:/home/user/public_html/includes/vpsnet/getclouds.php You will need to adjust the location as per your server location.
- Set as Response Required
- Set as Visable when ordering then Save.
- Make note of the ID number
Edit/View the package(s) created in Configure your Hosting Plans
At the bottom of each page you should see Package Specifics (Needed by some Server CP's)
- First you will need to select the Assign custom fields if making use of the Dynamic Cloud ID option.
- Assign the CloudID field you previously created.
The following details will need to be entered for your VPS to setup correctly:
- System Template: Specify what System Template you want installed for this package. You can use the Find link to get these ID numbers.
- Cloud ID: If using the Custom Field, you will enter [cfid1] (1 being the ID number, if it is different then you can enter yours) Otherwise you can set this statically by just entering the Cloud ID number you want to use for this package. Please note, VPS.net clouds are constantly changing so the dynamic option is best.
- Backups Enabled: Yes or No
- Rsync Backups Enabled: Yes or No
- Slices Required: How many slices are required.