DRAMS to AWBS
As downtime is a problem in this business... here is the best way to move from DRAMS 4 to AWBS or AWBS DE with minimal downtime:
(NOTE: This does NOT include DRAMS Plus or DRAMS Standard! You must upgrade using normal procedures for those products.)
- Install AWBS in a directory of your licensed url, as per installation section of this manual. (new database, follow new install instructions)
- Configure, customize, test, get to know your new system. Utilize the manuals available and the forums for information and help.
Recommended: Use a different user than the admin when testing. Delete the test user account(s) when you are satisfied that you are ready
to go live. Deleting a user will remove all connected records, orders, invoices, etc.
- Place an index.html file on your existing live DRAMS 4 site telling your customers that you are temporarily offline for upgrades (or whatever
you want to say....). Put DRAMS 4 in maintenance mode.
- Edit the tools/rmbconfig.php file (in your AWBS directory) with your DRAMS 4 database info.
- Surf to http://your_awbs_url/directory/tools/dr4_import.php and run the DRAMS 4 import utility.
- Login to AWBS as the admin user, check imported data, fix any errors during the import.
- Delete DRAMS 4 files (or move somewhere safe, just in case....)
- Login as admin to AWBS and change the URLs to your desired final resting spot...
- Edit the includes/dbconfig.php with the new workdir location.
- Move all AWBS files to the ex DRAMS 4 location.
- Edit the AWBS crons with the new path to the tools directory, remove DRAMS 4 crons.
- Try it out to make sure all is well, set everything to live mode if it wasn't, etc.
- Remove/rename your index.html page.
New site/system online!