Ensim Specific Configuration
Preparing Ensim for AWBS Integration
In this example we are using 'AWBS' as the suffix, you can use any suffix as long as it remains constant throughout.
Edit the below commands to reflect your chosen suffix (Example: AddVirtDomainAWBS <- AWBS is the suffix).
First we need to link some of the files that are part of the Ensim CLI for AWBS to be able to access.
- Login to your Ensim server as root
- Type cd /usr/local/bin and press <enter>
- Type ln -s DeleteVirtDomain DeleteVirtDomainAWBS and press <enter>
- Type ln -s AddVirtDomain AddVirtDomainAWBS and press <enter>
- Type ln -s EditVirtDomain EditVirtDomainAWBS and press <enter>
- Type ln -s DisableVirtDomain DisableVirtDomainAWBS and press <enter>
- Type ln -s EnableDomain EnableDomainAWBS and press <enter>
- Type ln -s DomainExists DomainExistsAWBS and press <enter>
Now we have linked some files using 'AWBS' as the suffix we need to give Apache (the webserver) permission to run them without requiring full root access. To do this we use sudo, which is a very common system used to grant above level privileges.
- Run visudo
- At the end of the file add:
Cmnd_Alias ENSIM = /usr/local/bin/AddVirtDomainAWBS, /usr/local/bin/DomainExistsAWBS, /usr/local/bin/DeleteVirtDomainAWBS, /usr/local/bin/EnableVirtDomainAWBS, /usr/local/bin/DisableVirtDomainAWBS, /usr/local/bin/EditVirtDomainAWBS
(This creates an Alias 'ENSIM' for the files that are needed to be accessed by the AWBS ensim interface. It is important that you have the suffix matching what you have already used)
- After that add apache ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ENSIM This says that the user can access the commands with the alias 'ENSIM' without requiring a password.
We have now setup an environment that the AWBS Ensim Interface can run in. We can now upload the files that are needed and set them up ready for AWBS to interface with them. If you are using the Zend optimizer version, please verify that the server (both local and remote) has Zend optimizer installed. The same is required with the ionCube version but you will need to install the ionCube loaders.
(The following files are found in your /includes/ensim/remote directory on your AWBS site)
- Copy awbs-interface.php to /var/www/html/awbs-interface.php
- Copy awbs-config.php to /var/www/html/awbs-config.php
- Open awbs-config.php in an editor. VI is easy to use and is available on most systems. To edit it in vi use the following:
- Type vi /var/www/html/awbs-config.php and press <enter>
- Press i
- Perform any changes needed (the file is commented)
- Press <ESC>
- Type :wq and press <enter>
The interface should now be ready to use, you can now setup the server as normal inside AWBS.
Setup Server Group(s)
See Hosting Configuration page
Setup the Ensim Server(s)
Go to Server Setup and click Add New. Enter information asked for in the New Server Wizard. When you have completed adding all Ensim servers, go back to the server groups page and assign the correct default server. (Save the groups even if they show the correct default server)
Below are some details for your assistance:
- Server Name: Enter a server name for your reference in AWBS. Do not use spaces.
- Server Group: Assign the server to the correct server group.
- Server Type: Ensim
- Server IP: Enter the server's IP address
- Server URL: Enter the url to the server. Example: http://my.Ensimserver.com
- Server CP: Enter the url given to customers to login to their Ensim account control panel. Example: http://my.Ensimserver.com:3500
- Server Cost: Enter your cost for this server. Used for reports only.
- Default NS1: Enter your Ensim nameserver 1 here
- Default NS2: Enter your Ensim nameserver 2 here
- Server User: Enter the Ensim username here.
- Server Password: Enter the Ensim Password for the above user here.
- Update hosting list IP(s): Check if you are changing an existing Ensim server's IP address. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Update hosting list Servers: Check if you are changing the server's servername. This will update all existing hosting packages assigned to this server.
- Delete Record: Only check this box if you are deleting this server. Caution: DO NOT delete a server that has plans and user packages assigned!
Configure your Hosting Package Types
- Configure types for hosting packages. Each type will display a web page for ordering.
- Use additional types to create multiple hosting order pages. Most people use the types to group their various hosting plan types.
- User Group: Should be Default unless you want this page only viewable by a different user group. (not the public)
- Server Group: Select the correct server group.
- Description: Enter what you want displayed as the title on the web page with this type of hosting
- Details1 Name - Details6 Name: Enter display text for the various specs for the plan type. This set of specs willl be used for all hosting plans in this type.
Hint: Once you have added and saved a Hosting Package Type, you can click to view/edit it again and see the correct link to use on your menu for this web page.
Configure your Hosting Plans
- Visible: Check if you want this plan to display on the web page.
- Default Plan: Check if this is the default plan for the type. Each type needs to have one default plan.
- Default Term: Enter the default term you want to display when your customers order. If you have other terms, they will get a selection to change it. Make sure the default term is a configured and available term for the plan.
- Upgrade Group: Set the upgrade group. All plans in this group number will show up as selections when the customer chooses to upgrade their plan. All plans in the same group should be in the same server group for the auto upgrade/downgrade to function properly.
- Package Name: Name the plan as you desire. Do not use any spaces.
- Package Type: Select the correct package type for this plan.
- Server Package: Not Required, Any name will work
- Package Desc: Enter the plan description as you wish it to appear on the web page for ordering.
- Reset BW on all existing user hosting: Not checked in Ensim
- Reseller Plan: Not available for Ensim
- Pricing: Enter prices for all terms you want to offer. Leave the fields blank if you don't want to offer them. Enter 0.00 if you want to offer them for free.
- Check the Free Domain checkbox if you want to offer a free domain name with this plan/term. (Select available tlds for free domains in the system setup, TLD Setup/Pricing page by checking the Free Option checkbox beside the tld)
- Assign the correct Activation Email Template. Be sure to either add a new email template or edit the existing Hosting Activation email template as desired to give your customers all necessary information they need when their account is activated.
- Complete the Package Display Text section with the plan's specs.